Monday, June 05, 2006

Ben is sick.

Please pray for Ben; he is very sick. We ate lunch yesterday with another family. It is customary to finish all of the food you are offered out of politeness. I tend to disregard this so I don't make myself sick. When I am full, I politely say so and then I rave about how good the food was. No one has seemed too upset at my routine yet, but they are probably just not saying so. Yesterday, I got full rather quickly, so Ben felt obligated to finish everything he was offered to make up for my bad manners. After lunch, we took a trip to the orphanage to see the children and the building progress one last time. We walked the whole way--about an hour walk, but a little more for us. The mother at the orphanage thought we would be hungry after walking so far, so she cooked for us. I finished mine without a problem, but Ben ate very slowly and looked slihtly green. On our way home, he decided he could not hold all of that food inside of him, so he deposited it into a bush (forcing it back out the way it came in). He continued to be sick the rest of the night; he vomited a few more times. I think he is really sick, but he still insists that it is because he ate too much. Please pray that he will recover today; I don't want to travel to Calcutta with a sick Ben.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah/Robert said...

praying for Ben.... praying for wisdom in the eating to be polite thing.

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home