Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Amanda's Support Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

Since I have not had contact with many of you in a while, you may wonder what I've been doing lately. I am in my third year at the University of Mobile, and I will graduate in December, 2006, with a Bachelor's of Arts in Humanities. I will be the first graduate of the newly-developed Honors Program. After I graduate, I hope to go to graduate school in the fall of 2007 to work toward my Masters Degree in philosophy or world religions. I also hope to one day be involved in international missions. Although the fields of humanities and philosophy do not seem to be related to mission work, I am and will be learning about the variety of ways humans have thought throughout history and cultures and how philosophy affects different societies. This knowledge will equip me to better communicate and provide assistance for peoples of many nations.

My life, of course, does not only consist of my studies. I have also been seeing a wonderful young man named Ben Brenner for almost a year, and he has become an integral part of my life. He volunteers with an organization called Friends of Internationals that assists and ministers to the international student population of the University of South Alabama, which is more than one thousand students. I also help out with the ministry as my schedule permits. I will be accompanying Ben on a mission trip to Nepal and India which is commissioned by this organization, and you can read about the details of our trip in the enclosed pamphlet. I am very excited about the things God will do through this opportunity, and I thank you ahead of time for your prayers and support. Hopefully, I will return with many stories of God's grace and mercy that is not only active in the United States, but is equally active in Nepal, India, and every other nation of the world.

God's blessings and peace,

Amanda Hardy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home