Friday, April 28, 2006

Needs

Prayer Needs

(April 28) We are 10 days away from departure, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with what we have to accomplish. Please pray peace on Amanda and me, and pray that God would help us know what tasks are important and that we will be able to complete them quickly in His strength.

Jim reminded me of the need for several partners in prayer. I'd like to have at least 10 of you commit to praying for me every day (now until I return). Jim will help facilitating this by distributing via e-mail prayer requests. If you would like to play a very important role in the trip by committing to pray for Amanda and me, please let me know.

Monetary needs:

We have raised $5522.50 plus airline tickets to India. A new estimate of the total we need to raise is $4000 ($2000 each). All that we raise above what we need for the trip we will sow into the ministries with which we work including the orphanage building fund and the Project Rescue ministry in Calcutta. You can donate to the trip through PayPal and People of Mars Hill. Click the button to the right. Remember that what we raise above what we need for travel we will sow into the ministries with which we volunteer.

Our expenses so far have been $150 for immunization shots, $130 for India Visa


Needed for Travel

small water purification filter (meets travel criteria)
Eye-shades for plane sleeping
Malaria Pills
Appropriate back-pack for trip. (Has to be large and capable of being locked)

Orphanage Needs:

Toothbrushes and Toothpaste.
One project that I hope to do on my return is encourage sponsorship of the children in the orphanage. If you would like to sponsor a child, let me know.

Ministry School

Concerning books... Theology books will be great and also books about praise and worship, and family. We are working on a library for the Bible College and our goal is to have at least 3000 books. At this moment we have a good amount of Bibles, but commentaries and sermon books are great. -from Anne Lise (April 28, 2006). I think we will be able to take several books with us, because we plan to pack very light.

We are limited to two 50 pound suitcases on our trip. One request Anne Lise had was for books to increase the library (for accreditation). Let me know if you want to contribute. Also There is a guitar there but it needs new strings and an electronic tuner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home