Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ben's Support Letter

Dear Family and Friends

I hope this note finds you and your family well. I am quite well and enjoying post-college life. Since graduating from University of Mobile in 2004, I have been designing websites for a local computer support firm.

For almost a year I have been dating a wonderful woman named Amanda Hardy. She shares many of my interests and is incredibly compassionate, intelligent and creative.

I have also been volunteering with Friends of Internationals (FOI) a Christian organization that assists international students at the local state school, University of South Alabama. For years I have had an increasing desire to participate in international missions, and FOI has given me the opportunity to do so without leaving Mobile. My current job has given me the flexibility to devote a good amount of time to the ministry.

Last autumn, Jim Mather, FOI's director, expressed to me his desire to have a team travel to cities from where students are coming. Building relationships and ministering in those countries would allow for ministry growth in Mobile. The two countries that are sending the most students are India and Nepal. So with the help of David Chavali, a Hyderabad, India native, we set about plans to travel to those countries. You can read more about about the trip in the attached letter. I am very excited about building relationships with family members of current students as well as orphans and potential new students. I see this trip as a spring board to immerse myself deeper into international missions.

Please pray for us as we plan and travel. If possible, would you consider partnering with us by making a contribution to make the trip a reality? Please know that any funds we raise above what is needed for travel expenses will be invested into the various ministries with which we will be working.

Thank you in advance for all your prayers and support.


Ben Brenner


P.S. If you do give financially, please let me know so that I can track your giving and be accountable to you for how God uses your gifts. All gifts are tax deductible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home